Thursday 20 September 2012

The Tour Championship preview

Hi all.                   Balance: -$125

Recapping the last event.

Kooch was never likely after starting solidly enough, he just didn't get it done. As stated previously, golf betting is extremely difficult and past form can stand for nought when you arrive at the first tee Thursday.

I am hanging my hat on my hail Mary roughie selection, Robert Garrigus. I suggested top 10, which returned 20-1. But if you had somehow gone each way (or top 5), you would have got a return of 40-1 after he stormed home on Sunday. I can honestly say I didn't back him, but wished I had!

To this week. Not much to say about this week because I'm not betting in a 30 man field.

Stating the obvious but Rory just wins. I've had a look at the stats and I can't see how he loses. He will need to be at his best, but he has lately and perhaps only the week's break can bring him undone. Tiger obvious danger but again, form is only relevant to your last start and if he doesn't catch fire, he can't win.

Like I said I'm not betting because my top tip is as short as $5.50 with some agencies.

I will make one call. Steve Stricker showed somewhat of a return to form last week, so throw him in a multi over the weekend to finish top 10 ($2.35). Almost seems incredible you can bet top 10 with such a small field and that seems great value.

Congrats to the man of the hour at Royal Axedale, Sexy, on his course record 65 & club championship win. Awesome display.

Good golfing and punting this weekend.

Disco

No comments:

Post a Comment